In 2005 she was awarded the Mayor’s Award for her contribution to literature and literacy and in 2010 received the Progress Women of Excellence Award for the Arts.
In 2012 Carol received the Beacon Award for Social Justice Literature for her novel Wake the Stone Man, which was inspired by her northern roots. The novel was published in 2015 by Roseway Publishing. Wake the Stone Man was awarded the 2017 Frye Acadamy Award.
Carol's work includes writing for children, non-fiction, fiction, essays, book reviews and video scripts and her short fiction has been published in Room and presented on CBC radio.Publications:
- My Tummy Time Friends - 2019
- Time for Bed - 2018
- Maud Lewis 123 - 2017
- Let's Point - 2017
- Let's Read - 2016
- Look at Me Now! - 2014
- Wake the Stone Man - 2013
- Baby Talk – Nimbus Publishing – 2013
- Baby Play – Nimbus Publishing – 2012
- Baby Look – Nimbus Publishing – 2012
- Nova Scotia Guide to Frugal Living – Nimbus Publishing – 2009
- In the Soul of the House – Room of One’s Own – 2001
2017 Frye Acadamy Award, 2012 Beacon Award, 2010 Women of Excellence, 2005 Mayor’s Award