In addition to the Atlantic Book Awards gala and festival, the Atlantic Book Awards Society is pleased to join forces with the Atlantic Publishers Marketing Association to present East Bound: Talking Atlantic Books May 9 to 11 in Halifax. Following a successful inaugural event in 2017, the three-day event will celebrate and promote books published in Atlantic Canada to Canadian and international delegates.
East Bound: Talking Atlantic Books is for authors, illustrators, publishers, event programmers and librarians.
- A presentation by WordFest Calgary CEO Shelley Youngblut on WordFest's inspiring and innovative relationship with Calgary Public Library (May 9, 2-3 pm, Admiral Room, Lord Nelson Hotel)
- A panel discussion on opportunities for literary translation among Atlantic Canadian publishers (May 9, 3-4 pm, Admiral Room, Lord Nelson Hotel)
- The East Bound opening reception hosted by author Simon Thibault. (May 9, 6:30-8:30 pm at Pier 21)
- The Atlantic Books Awards festival event and after party featuring readings by Mary Walsh, David Huebert and Allan Cooper and hosted by Atlantic Book Today's managing editor Chris Benjamin (May 9, 8:30 pm at Garrison Brewery)
- The Atlantic Book Awards Gala on May 10, 7-10 pm at Halifax Central Library
- Networking morning for writers and illustrators. The day starts with a literary walking tour for writers, media and events delegates with author Dean Jobb. Friday, May 11, 9:15 am., meeting at the Lord Nelson Hotel Lobby.
- The networking event continues for writers, media and programming delegates. Light refreshments will be served. Friday, May 11, 11 am to 1 pm at Cambridge Military Library.
RSVP to Laura Carter, firstname.lastname@example.org