Halifax, NS– The Writers’ Federation of Nova Scotia (WFNS) announced the winners of the 2014 East Coast Literary Awards during a celebration of Atlantic writers and writing on Saturday, September 20, 2014 at the Institute of Applied Creativity at NSCAD.
Evelyn Richardson Non-Fiction Award Reading
John DeMont, A Good Day’s Work
Richard Foot, Driven
Stephen Kimber, What Lies Across the Water
Tuesday, September 16th, 7:00 PM. G. Peter Wilson Room, University of King’s College
Thomas Raddall Atlantic Fiction Award Reading
WFNS is pleased to announce the finalists of the 2014 Atlantic Writing Competition (AWC). Below is the full list of titles that made it to the final round in each category. Congratulations to those that have made it to the final round in judging!
We are honoured to have received every entry to the competition. It is because of the bravery of every writer who enters that the AWC has such an inspiring tradition of support for emerging writers in our region.
Thank you to everyone who submitted.
Between now and our awards ceremony on September 20th, we will be featuring the shortlisted authors for the 2014 East Coast Literary Awards.
- Are you a writer who has an upcoming public speaking engagement?
- Maybe you feel at home in front of an audience but would like to engage the crowd more and sell more books.
- Do you feel nervous during interviews or Q & A sessions?
- Would you like to volunteer with confidence when public speaking opportunities present themselves?
- Do you enjoy learning new techniques from other writers?
- Are you a lifelong learner?